<-- Added to move page out of way of Nav Bar -->

Verse of the Day:

Friday, January 23, 2009

Shaving for the Lord

As I was getting ready for work this morning, I really didn't want to shave. I don't like shaving, and at this particular event, I would even fit in better with the people I work with, if I did not shave. However the boss, the owner of the company, has set a policy that his employees will not have a full beard (goatees and mustaches are okay) and will be clean shaven.

As I was mentally preparing the rationalizations that would allow me to put down the razor and go to work with a days growth of beard on my face, I realized that it was the LORD against whom I was preparing to rebel. That instead of grumbling in myself at the need to scrape the fur from my face, instead I should be grateful to even have a job. Paul wrote that we should honor our employers as we honor the Lord. I shave, not because my boss will fire me; but rather because the Lord has blessed me.

Thank you Lord, for allowing me to shave for You!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Shouse said...

We were just discussing the parallel passage to this one in Ephesians (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ephesians%206:5-9;&version=50;) in our Wed. night bible study this week.

Shaving for the Lord . . .that's great illustration of the principle. Mind if I borrow it?

P

6:58 PM, January 23, 2009  
Blogger Bryan said...

Sure, if you find it useful. No problem.

9:55 PM, January 23, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home